JOB TITLE: ECD/REMEDIAL TEACHER
ORGANIZATION: THE WEMA CENTRE TRUST
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM COORDINATOR
JOB LOCATION: Mombasa-Bamburi
The Wema Centre Trust is a non-profit Organisation based in Bamburi Mombasa, its main objective being the Rescue, Rehabilitation and Re-integration of street connected children. We are looking for a motivated Early Childhood Development /Remedial Education Teacher to join our team. He/she should have extensive experience working with young children including children from vulnerable or disadvantaged backgrounds. He/she will be expected to follow professional teaching procedures such as schemes of work and lesson plans for small groups and individual based coaching.
- Implement age-appropriate curriculum
- Observe and assess student performance and keep accurate records of progress
- Establish clear objectives of all lessons and projects
- Promote language development skills through reading and story telling
- Assist children through small group learning lessons
- Maintain and respect confidentiality of all information acquired.
- Operate office, audio/visual, and technology equipment.
- Monitor students’ psychological, social and physical activities and development
- Supervise students at all times, in class, between classes, during lunch, and play periods
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned for the benefit of the child development program
Applicants should have the following minimum attributes and qualifications:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development, Education.
- At least three years working experience
- Registered under the Teacher Service Commission
- Fluency in both English and Kiswahili
- Communicates effectively with children and adults.
- Works effectively without direct supervision.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Basic computer skills
If you are a qualified and passionate teacher dedicated to early childhood learning and care, send your application together with your curriculum vitae and relevant certificates to email@example.com.