Early Childhood Development Teacher at Wema Centre in Mombasa – Kenya
Closing date for applications: 25th January 2019
We are looking for a highly motivated ECD teacher to inspire and be part of a great team dedicated to providing quality child care, interactive learning and memorable experiences for three -to-six-year olds and also special cases.
- Teach allocated ECD class, plan, prepare, and develop various teaching aids and materials for ECD while following current National Quality Standards and regulations
- Ensure realization of intended outputs and outcomes.
- Organize activities such as field visits, group discussions, singing, dancing, rhythmic activities, use of art materials and dramatic play-acting, to stimulate children’s interest and broaden understanding of their physical and social environment and also form satisfying relationships with other children and adults.
- Build good, open communication with children, families and staff
- Observe and record children’s growth, development and behaviour using agreed tools for monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure the learning environment is clean, hygienic and safe
- Develop strategies to guide positive children’s behavior
- Undertake administrative tasks as required i.e take minutes of weekly staff meetings, delegated representation etc
- Diploma in Early Childhood Teaching (DICECE & MONTESORI),
- Over 3 years working experience in a childcare setting catering for children between 2 to 14 years
- Fantastic organizational and teamwork skills including reporting and leadership skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills using English and Kiswahili
- A good level of computer literacy
- Current First Aid certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Ability to work in a demanding work environment and meet deadlines
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application(stating current & expected pay) and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the Program Director to reach us on or before 25th January 2019 by email to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Business Development Officer
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2019
We seek a motivated, creative, articulate, smart-working individual to work as our Business Development Officer in Mombasa.
The Business Development Officer shall be in charge of supervising and expanding the Wema Centre’s Income Generating Activities (IGA) with the aim of reducing our reliance on charitable funding, ensuring the sustainability of the organisation and increasing the amount of unrestricted funds that can be used to support our beneficiaries.
- To manage the day to day operations of the IGA department which currently consist of a tailoring unit, a dairy and fish farm, hostel accommodation and an education department providing cookery, tailoring and IT training for the local community.
- To support and supervise the lead staff member for each department
- To ensure that each department has a complete and up to date set of operational procedures and that these procedures are adhered to
- To be responsible for record keeping, stock management and quality control
- Alongside departmental staff, to keep track of the cash flow and profit/loss of each department
- Alongside the accounts department, to ensure that customer accounts are up to date and cash is available for inventory management
- To manage administrative tasks such as order processing, delivery and invoicing
- To manage relationships with suppliers and donors in order to source goods and materials at the lowest possible price
- To supervise the work of any volunteers allocated to the IGA department
- To increase the profitability of each section of the IGA department by creating and implementing marketing and sales plans.
- To seek out and communicate with potential new customers in order to develop new business relationships and generate and negotiate new income streams
- To manage the presentation of Wema products to new clients and ensure that all potential sales opportunities are captured and explored
- To ensure LPO’s and requests for information from new and existing customers are processed and followed up in an efficient and timely manner
- To maintain and develop the IGA website and web presence on external portals
- To oversee the creation, approval and development of ideas for diversifying and expanding IGA operations and to make sure that each section of the IGA department has an up to date business development plan
- To meet regularly with staff and other stakeholders in order to generate new ideas for income generation
- To actively seek out and research new business opportunities and create comprehensive business plans and profit/loss forecasts to test them before they are implemented
- To make and maintain networks with corporate, charitable and nongovernmental organisations in order to share knowledge, opportunities and skills.
The business development officer is an enthusiastic and self motivated individual with a high degree of creativity and initiative. A good understanding of business and marketing is necessary along with experience of customer service and project management.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a person of high moral integrity, commitment and honesty with a genuine desire to help transform the lives of rescued street children
- Have a University degree- preferably Bachelor of Commerce with a bias in Marketing
- Have a sound knowledge of business, sales and marketing and be able to provide evidence of an aptitude for business planning and development
- Be strongly self-motivated, able to achieve results with a high degree of autonomy and initiative and with proven experience of overseeing and managing projects
- Have good supervisory skills with at least 1 (one) year’s experience in a management position
- Be computer literate and proficient at website maintenance, all MS Office Packages and preferably have some Accounting knowledge
- Be a confident and articulate negotiator with an ability to build relationships with customers and ‘close the deal’
- Be capable of hands on problem solving with an ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Possess a valid Driving License
- Be available immediately
How to Apply
Interested persons should send their applications giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone numbers, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees to The Finance and Administration Officer, Wema Centre via Email on firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 31st January 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.